60g/¼ c sago/tapioca pearls
84g evaporated milk
1 tbsp cornstarch
1½ tbsp custard powder
2 eggs, slightly whisk
lotus seed paste
1) Preheat oven to 375F. Spray or brush oil/butter onto the ramekins. Set aside.
2) Heat up a pot of water to boil. Put in the sago and cook for 2-3 minutes until transparent. Drain and put in a bowl with cold water to prevent sticking to each other.
3) Put sugar, milk, water and butter into a pot and heat until it boils.
4) In the meantime, put (B) in a bowl and make a slurry. Add to (3) when it boils with constant stirring. Remove from heat after it thickens.
5) Drain the water from the sago and add to the custard with gentle stirring.
6) Let it cool down a bit and add the whisked egg. Mix well.
7) Spoon the mixture to the ramekins. Add the lotus seed filling (if using) and top the ramekins with more pudding.
8) Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden or with brown spots. Serve warm.
Notes: it can be made without filling or with different filling, like red bean paste, etc. For a different flavor, coconut milk can be used instead of water.